Photo Gallery: Shoppers Show Off Walmart's New, Enhanced Supercenter
This week, Walmart unveiled an upgrade to its supercenter in Dallas, Georgia. The store features a new layout in both the Electronics and Baby departments, as well as an automated "pickup tower" where customers can retrieve their online orders.
But the most striking feature? The new "Walmart Health" center, where people (and pets!) can receive medical treatment. This is all part of Walmart's plan to become "America's neighborhood health destination."
Ready to see it for yourself?
Field Agent sent four agents to check out some of the store's new features. The photos below offer a shopper's-eye view of the enhanced supercenter. Then, scroll further down to learn what our shoppers thought about the new supercenter format.
Fan of real-life photos? Get access to our free Seasonal Display Gallery!
Walmart's Enhanced Supercenter
Shopper reviews of the newly-upgraded supercenter were overwhelmingly positive. In fact, all four of our agents rated the store as "much better" than the traditional Walmart Supercenter format. As the following agent quotes show, the reviews praised the open layout and wide aisles, as well as the new features:
- "There's more room in the store and the store feels so open. I like how this Walmart is truly a one-stop spot."
- "As you enter, the pickup tower immediately catches your eye. I know I will use this! It looks so simple, and I love the idea of in and out with my groceries."
- "This is not the Walmart store closest to me but I will begin shopping here because I liked it so much."
Walmart is not alone in digital grocery innovation. To get a look at how technology is changing the industry, download the third volume of our free report, Groceries 2.0.
Free Report: Groceries 2.0, Volume III
Based on surveys and studies with approximately 4,500 everyday shoppers, Groceries 2.0, Vol. III is a fun and informative look at “the rise of online grocery-shopping.” Spanning almost 30 pages, the free report explores questions like:
- How many U.S. households purchase groceries online for store pickup, package delivery, and “fresh” delivery?
- Which retailers are leading the way in the digital-grocery era?
- What are shoppers' top concerns about buying groceries online?
The free report also includes several "digital-grocery spotlights," with up-close looks at pickup operations among regional grocers, grocery-shopping with smart speakers, and more.
Download Groceries 2.0, Vol. III today…and get up to speed on all things digital-grocery.